I found a few old wives tales about having good nails and thought to share them with my readers, I haven't tried them all and don't know if they really work. This is a real interesting post please comment if you have had any results! feel free to write any new ones you have in the comment section aswell :)
Nails are made of the same protein, called keratin, as that of hair. Fingernails grow faster than toenails, although growth is still very slow. On average, fingernails grow about one-tenth of an inch each month. But sometimes they grow even slower.Another remedy that can boost nail growth is orange juice. Its vitamin C content encourages the production of collagen and keeps your nails healthy. Also, it has folic acid, which is essential for nail growth.
- Soak your nails in fresh orange juice for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse them off with warm water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
- Follow this remedy once daily until you are satisfied with the results.
Lemons contain vitamin C that is essential for nail growth. Also, it helps treat yellow nails and gives your nails a nice shine.
- Prepare a nail soak with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Slightly heat the solution in the microwave and then soak your nails in it for 10 minutes. Follow this remedy daily.
- You can also rub a slice of lemon on your nails for 5 minutes, then rinse them with warm water. Pat dry and apply a moisturizer. Do this once daily. Avoid rubbing lemon on your nails if you have any cuts or hangnails, as it may sting.
Massage your nails and hands with warm extra-virgin coconut oil daily at night, before going to bed. Massage in circular motions to improve blood circulation.
• Soaking the nails in half a cup of tomato juice mixed with two tablespoons of olive oil is also beneficial in healing nail problems and promoting growth of nails.
• A combination of lavender oil and tea tree oil not only avoids nail damage but also helps prevent nail breakage. Follow this natural Nail Growth treatment by diluting the mixture in water and then soaking the nails in the solution for 5 minutes.