Mercury Dental FIllings - are they harming you and your family

Dental amalgam is a dental filling material used to fill cavities caused by tooth decay. It has been used for more than 150 years in hundreds of millions of patients. Dental amalgam is a mixture of metals, consisting of liquid mercury and a powdered alloy composed of silver, tin, and copper.

* Mercury vapors from amalgam fillings readily pass through cell membranes, across your blood-brain barrier, and into your central nervous system.

* Children and fetuses, whose brains are still developing, are clearly most at risk, but anyone can be impacted, and the health risks increase the longer you have your fillings.

* Once in your brain, mercury can cause psychological, neurological, and immunological problems.

* Studies show possible link to MS 


Dental amalgam is a primitive filling material made of between 43 and 54 percent mercury.  Amalgam fillings are commonly called as “silver fillings” – a marketing term that deceives many consumers into believing that amalgam is mainly silver, which is only a minor component of amalgam.

Amalgam is not stable after it is implanted into human teeth – it constantly releases mercury vapor into your body.  And this mercury bioaccumulates.

Vulnerable populations – such as children, the fetuses of pregnant women, hypersensitive individuals, and people with kidney impairments – are known to be particularly susceptible to the neurotoxic effects of dental mercury.

The forty-seven nations of the Council of Europe passed a resolution calling on the nations to start “restricting or prohibiting the use of amalgams as dental fillings,” explaining that  “amalgams are the prime source of exposure to mercury for developed countries, also affecting embryos, foetuses (through the placenta) and children (through breastfeeding).  Exposure to mercury can seriously affect the health of patients and dental professionals, and early exposure to low doses of mercury (during pregnancy and through breastfeeding) increases the risk of a decrease in the intelligence quotient (IQ) among children.… According to the World Health Organization in 2005, certain studies show that mercury may have no threshold below which some adverse effects do not occur.”

Agencies like the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the American Dental Association (ADA) still remain staunch advocates of dental amalgams, the evidence is quickly being stacked against them.

Australia’s National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) says amalgam should be avoided in pregnant women, nursing mothers, children, and people with kidney disease.  As the government of the state of Queensland explains, “Amalgam is now generally avoided for filling children’s teeth. Growing children tend to be more sensitive to the effects of exposure to any chemical substance in their environment…High level exposure to mercury (which is present in silver fillings) may affect the kidneys. Therefore, the NHMRC, suggest people with kidney disease may be more concerned than others to minimise exposure to mercury.

In 2009, the FDA actually declared it safe under Class 2 for adults and children over the age of 6 who are not allergic to mercury.
This irrational declaration occurred despite the overwhelming evidence showing mercury to be highly toxic and easily released in the form of vapor each time you eat, drink, brush your teeth, or otherwise stimulate your teeth.
These mercury vapors readily pass through cell membranes, across your blood-brain barrier, and into your central nervous system, where it can cause psychological, neurological, and immunological problems.

Griffin Cole, DDS, president of the IAOMT, stated in a press release:
"We have banned mercury in disinfectants, thermometers, and many other consumer products… There is no magic formula that makes mercury safe when it's put into our mouths. It's inexcusable to use mercury in dental fillings when there are much safer alternatives."

Maria Indermuhle's story is a perfect example of how amalgam fillings can destroy your health. Shortly after getting amalgam fillings, she began experiencing troubling and progressively debilitating symptoms.
"I started to have pins and needles in my legs and then it started to happen in my hands. Just 18 months later, I could hardly walk," she told The Daily Mail.
"I started having panic attacks, collapsing in the street, lost the feeling in my hands, started losing my vision, began slurring my words, I couldn't concentrate on anything...
I experienced palpitations, and I actually could feel like my brain was moving. I started having hallucinations during the night. It was terrifying. I could feel my body was breaking down and not working. I actually thought I was dying."
Eighteen months after her fateful dental appointment, Maria was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS). It was only through her own research that she realized her symptoms also matched those of mercury poisoning.
She got herself tested for heavy metals, and was found to have toxic levels of mercury in her system. After getting the amalgams safely removed and undergoing a mercury detox program, her health has been fully restored.
"Mrs. Indermuhle said she wants to raise awareness of the similarities between the symptoms of MS and those of mercury poisoning," The Daily Mail writes.
"She said... 'Mercury poisoning has the same symptoms as MS, so maybe many men and woman are suffering like I was and it's not MS at all, but mercury poisoning.'

Advertisement Space for 2016

Advertise here - contact summerogilvie@hotmail.com If you are interested in being an affiliate xx

Recent Posts

Google+ Followers