PINK GLITTER Interviews Fashion Designer Leren Connor




When did you first start getting interested in fashion and how?
"I started getting into fashion about 8 years ago after I had my daughter, I've always been creative and loved playing around with styles so it seemed right to put both my talents together and start designing. I had my 1st internship when I was 18, this was before I went on to study Fashion at Derby University. Since then Designing is my buzzword."

Who's is your biggest style inspiration ?
"My Biggest Style icon would probably my granny, she's 70 but is still as classy and sassy as if she was still young, she`s young at heart! In terms of style icons within an industry I would have to go Karl Lagerfeld, he was a great eye for design and style and his shoots for any brand he does are always on point."
Leren working with a photographer

What's your favourite piece or collection ever made ?
"My Favourite piece of work I've ever had the pleasure of designing and making is a piece from my graduate collection. The piece is called The Jokers Quinn and is inspired by DC Comics most infamous Characters The Joker and Harley Quinn. The piece is made up of over 600 laser cut Joker Playing cards and finished off with suits of cards on a laser cut bustier."

Your thoughts on fashion bloggers or ones you follow?
"I think Fashion Bloggers are so important to the industry, for style inspiration and for collaborations. I admire any blogger who is willing to collaborate with emerging designers such as my self, It really helps with brand awareness and helps builds lasting relationships! I've worked with some great bloggers in the past and because of this I have built long lasting relationships with them which allows me to keep working with them now!"

Latest news?
"Leren Connor officially started back in 2012 when I opened my 1st boutique, since then we have gone on to having our own studio, regular collections from ready to wear to costume design. We also make Jewellery, do styling, up cycling and recycling. We attend Comic Conventions around the Collections and this year saw us doing our 1st official Festival for the Launch of Leren Connor Festival wear! "



About Wanderlust S/S16 


A lustful capsule collection drawn and inspired by a bohemian nature, flared with an element of Romany Gypsy through use of shapes, fabrics and colours. Each piece is capsule to another with handmade, recycled and up cycled fabrics and pieces throughout. The use of lace mixed with the tartan fabrics creates a soft style whilst also adding some masculinity to it, you’ll see through the collection a diverse flow of flowers and floral materials, hand embellishments, versatile shapes and a eclectic mix of vintage and modern prints. 



As a designer recycling and up cycling is very important to me, I love to source fabric from suppliers but the nature of creating and giving something a new lease of life, is my go to thing. This collection was a great way to really show my audience and customers just how much up cycling and recycling we do, each piece has been handmade or hand customised with fabrics that have come from local fabric suppliers, charity shops and recycling centres. The nature of the collection was to create something capsule that drew on old life styles, old fabrics mixed with a modern day twist that portrays how far a traditional style has come. Taking a Bohemian route complimented my inspiration from Romany Gypsy’s, which resulted in a beautiful mix of fabrics, prints shapes, femininity, masculinity and style. 
 

A good few months ago our friend Sophia moved into a spanky new house with a pretty big impressive garden, I Instantly fell in love and told my fellow team member, also a friend of Sophia’s that we must shoot here. The garden really had this distant tropical feel to it, the nature, the trees, the little foot path, the original wood and stone work, I knew I wanted S/S16 photographed here. On receiving the images back I knew I had made the right decision in shooting here. The collection compliments the Garden just as much as the garden compliments the collection and that alone makes me happy about this. 
 
 

Advertisement Space for 2016

Advertise here - contact summerogilvie@hotmail.com If you are interested in being an affiliate xx

Recent Posts

Google+ Followers