Don't smoke away your beauty today, smoking will lead to your hair turning grey early, yellow teeth, brittle hair and lots and lots of wrinkles! Please stop smoking girls <3
|Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of preventable death.|
How does smoking create wrinkles ?
Smoking reduces collagen levels, the toxins damage your skins collagen and elastin, which are fibres that give your skin its strength and elasticity. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.
Shocking facts about smoking
* Cigarettes contain more than 4000 chemical compounds and at least 400 toxic substances
* Smoking directly causes over 100,000 deaths in the UK each year and contributes to many more. Ninety percent of lung cancer cases are due to smoking
* Couples who smoke are more likely to have fertility problems than couples who are non-smokers
* Smoking causes an acid taste in the mouth and contributes to the development of ulcers.
* Cerebral thrombosis: the vessels to the brain can become blocked, which can lead to collapse, stroke and paralysis. Damage to the brain's blood supply is also an important cause of dementia.
* Carbon monoxide reduces oxygen in the body
* Decreased blood flow to fingers and toes
*Increased susceptibility to infection
* Eye cataracts, macular degeneration, yellowing of whites of eyes
* Loss of sense of smell and taste
Smoking and pregnancy
There is no "safe" level of smoking while pregnant. Numerous poisons you inhale from a cigarette are carried through your bloodstream and go directly to your unborn baby! Here is a list of the dangers smoking can have on a baby.
* Low Birth Weight
* Mental Development Problems
* Low IQ