Ok first off, This post is not about losing weight! Its about building abs and abs can only be built on waists that are smaller than a size 14. If you are bigger than a size 14 and want to build abs the best thing for you to do is cardio workouts, jogging and go on a diet. Once you have slimmed down you can start your ab crunches because if you don't you would only be building muscle underneath your fat and that's not visible. People already have muscles under fat, so you have to slim down, then work them out so that then they became visible and give you a nice shape !
If you are already a size 14 ( uk trousers size) or under then you can start doing your ab exercises starting TODAY. Exercise has to be a regular activity for you if you are serious about seeing results!
So get yourself motivated :)
How to do a simple ab crunch
1. Its important to exercise in the correct manner as you could damage your muscles, spine etc.
2. Find a comfy place where you can lie down flat, or use a mat.
3. bend your knees up with your feet flat on the ground, have a space between your knees about 4 inches.
4. Place your hands behind your head for support, but don't use your hands to pull your head up. ou should use your ab muscle to pull yourself up.
5. Start contracting your abs and pulling yourself up of the floor, do this on repeat. When it is working you should feel a tight feeling in your stomach area. Keep going for as long as you want. But dont push yourself ! As you should not strive for perfection but strive for progress.
How to make a simple ab crunch harder
1. If your happy to move on to a harder ab crunch then simply do the same as the simple ab crunch instructions, only this time lift your feet of the floor. Like in the picture above.
2. This will make the crunch harder to do an you should aim to do this a few times a week.
When working out for abs you should tone up the rest of your body too. Check out some youtube videos that give you visual tutorials if you are unsure of how to do an exercise, That way you can work out like a pro.